"A yummy and traditional addition to the Thanksgiving feast. If you intend to make this on Thanksgiving day, the timing has to be juuuuust right. I would suggest preparing the mixture the evening before, and having it ready while the roast beef is cooking."
Method for Yorkshire Pudding
- 1Mix flour and salt together until blended. Make a well in the flour, add the milk, and whisk until consistent. Beat the eggs into the batter. Add water and beat again until the mixture is light and frothy. Set aside for an hour (or, if it's the day before, cover in the fridge overnight).
- 2When the roast beef is ready to come out of the oven, ready the mixture.
- 3Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- 4Pour off drippings from roast beef and measure out desired amount (about 1/2 cup should do). Pour drippings into a 9x12 inch baking dish and place into the oven until the drippings sizzle. Pour the batter over the drippings and bake for 30 minutes (or until the sides have risen and are golden brown). Cut into eight portions and serve immediately.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup beef drippings
- 3/4 cup milk
December 08, 2016