"A slightly sweet bread with a great flavor combination of raisins and caraway seeds."
Method for Welsh Bread
- 1Combine the vinegar and the milk. Let stand for at least 15 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- 2Add the vinegar mixture, brown sugar, egg, butter, salt, molasses, bread flour, baking soda, caraway seeds and yeast in the order directed by your bread machine's manufacturer.
- 3Set machine to basic cycle (fruit bread, white bread, etc depending on your bread machine), medium crust setting. Add the raisins when indicated to by your bread machine's manufacturer.
- 4Alternately this bread can be mixed in the bread machine and then bake in the oven. Set bread machine to dough setting. Remove dough, shape into a loaf, cover and let rise in a warm place, until just under doubled in size. This will take about 1 hour. Bake the bread in a preheated 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 30 to 45 minutes. Bread will golden brown and sound hollow when thumped on the bottom.
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 3/4 cup raisins
December 08, 2016