"A thick vegetarian soup made from a selection of fresh vegetables. Suitable for any time of the year but designed for an Irish winter!"
Method for Vegetable Soup - Irish Style
- 1Place the carrots, potatoes, parsnip, turnip, leek and onion into a large saucepan. Fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until the vegetables are tender. Drain off water and puree vegetables in a blender or using a stick blender.
- 2Return the puree to the saucepan and stir in water to reach your desired thickness. Heat to a simmer and season with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy.
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 large potatoes - peeled and cubed
- 1 parsnip, peeled and diced
- 1 turnip, peeled and diced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry potato flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup water, or as needed
February 09, 2017