"A healthy twist on an old favorite."
Method for Turkey Shepherd's Pie
- 1Boil potatoes until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. While potatoes are cooking, gather other ingredients.
- 2Mash potatoes with butter and milk. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- 3Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 4Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; stir in onion. Saute onion until it has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in ground turkey, carrot, mushrooms, parsley, thyme, garlic, and chicken bouillon. Cook and stir until meat is broken up and cooked through. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute more.
- 5Transfer meat mixture to a deep dish pie pan or casserole dish. Spread mashed potatoes over meat, and swirl with a fork.
- 6Bake in preheated oven until tops of mashed potatoes are lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- 3 large potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup warm milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
March 29, 2017