"Any Harry Potter fan knows what this is. I finally procured the recipe from an British friend of mine. I know I can now find 'Lyle's Golden Syrup' in the grocery store along with the pancake syrups. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream."
Method for Treacle Tart
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Press the pie crust pastry evenly into the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate.
- 2Mix the syrup, cream, bread crumbs, lemon zest, and lemon juice together in a bowl; pour into the pie crust.
- 3Bake in the preheated oven until the filling is set, 35 to 40 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust pastry
- 1 cup golden syrup
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
December 08, 2016