"Tasty pork sausages cooked in a crispy Yorkshire pudding!! Serve with onion gravy."
Method for Toad in the Hole III
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2Pour the oil into the bottom of a baking dish, and arrange the sausages over it in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- 3Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, eggs, and half of the milk until smooth. Gradually mix in the rest of the milk until a smooth batter is achieved. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Remove the sausages from the oven, and ladle the batter over them until the sausages are 3/4 covered. Return to the oven, and bake for 35 minutes, or until the center is risen and browned. Don't worry if the underside seems slightly soft, as this is normal.
- 8 links pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
February 09, 2017