"This is my take on a favorite pub appetizer: mini Yorkshire puddings stuffed with roast beef and horseradish. They are delicious served hot with au jus. Or leave them unstuffed and serve as traditional Yorkshire pudding."
- 1Whisk the eggs, milk, flour, and salt together in a mixing bowl until the mixture is smooth and glistening. Set aside to rest for 20 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 3Meanwhile, place 1 tablespoon oil in each cup of a muffin pan. Place the pan in the oven while the batter is resting.
- 4Whisk the batter briefly. Remove the pan from the oven, and immediately fill each cup 3/4 full with batter. The oil should be sufficiently hot so the batter sizzles and begins cooking. Spoon about 1 teaspoon roast beef and 1 teaspoon of horseradish into the center of each cup.
- 5Immediately return pan to the oven, and bake until puffed and golden, about 12 minutes. Remove Yorkshire puddings from the pan and drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Serve hot with prepared au jus.
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 4 ounces cooked roast beef, thinly sliced (may use leftovers or from deli)
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1 cup canned au jus gravy, heated
February 04, 2017