"This is my take on a favorite pub appetizer: mini Yorkshire puddings stuffed with roast beef and horseradish. They are delicious served hot with au jus. Or leave them unstuffed and serve as traditional Yorkshire pudding."
Method for Stuffed Baby Yorkies
- 1Whisk the eggs, milk, flour, and salt together in a mixing bowl until the mixture is smooth and glistening. Set aside to rest for 20 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 3Meanwhile, place 1 tablespoon oil in each cup of a muffin pan. Place the pan in the oven while the batter is resting.
- 4Whisk the batter briefly. Remove the pan from the oven, and immediately fill each cup 3/4 full with batter. The oil should be sufficiently hot so the batter sizzles and begins cooking. Spoon about 1 teaspoon roast beef and 1 teaspoon of horseradish into the center of each cup.
- 5Immediately return pan to the oven, and bake until puffed and golden, about 12 minutes. Remove Yorkshire puddings from the pan and drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Serve hot with prepared au jus.
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 4 ounces cooked roast beef, thinly sliced (may use leftovers or from deli)
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1 cup canned au jus gravy, heated
February 04, 2017