"I'm tired of buying this at the store, so I decided to make my own. In my opinion, this is the best way to prepare potatoes for a typical breakfast. This recipe lasts a long time in the freezer. Just pull the bag out of the freezer and toss as much as you want onto a hot pan or griddle. Add more vegetable oil when cooking if needed. Enjoy."
Method for Striker's Potatoes O'Brien
- 1Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes. Drain, then set aside until cool. Once cool, cut into 1/2-inch dice.
- 2Combine the potatoes, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and onion in a mixing bowl. Drizzle in the vegetable oil, and gently stir until evenly coated. Spoon the mixture into resealable freezer bags. Store the mixture in the freezer.
- 3To prepare, cook the frozen mixture in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crispy and golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- 6 large russet (baking) potatoes
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
March 09, 2017