"A variation on traditional English sour cream scones. A good tip is to use a good quality yogurt with plenty of fruit bits in it."
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- 2Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Using your fingers, rub in the butter until the mixture resembles a crumbly texture. Add the yogurt all at once and mix briefly to form a soft dough.
- 3On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1 inch in thickness. Dip a 3-inch cutter into some flour, and stamp out 12 scones. (You may have to re-roll the dough to get 12.) Place scones 2 inches apart onto baking sheets. Brush tops with milk.
- 4Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until risen and golden brown. Best served freshly baked with butter.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup strawberry yogurt
- 2 tablespoons whole milk, or as needed
February 09, 2017