"A Scottish dish of potatoes cooked with onions and corned beef. It's a whole meal in itself; simple and easy to make!"
Method for Stovies
- 1In a saucepan, combine potatoes and milk. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
- 2While potatoes are simmering, melt butter in a skillet over medium high heat. Saute onions until soft and translucent.
- 3When potatoes are soft, mix in sauteed onions and corned beef. Cook an additional 10 minutes, or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6 large baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can corned beef, cut into chunks
- salt and pepper to taste
December 08, 2016