"This seven-layer salad takes some inspiration from the salads they sell at Boots (pasta shells and julienned carrots) and some inspiration from my grandmother (curry powder and brown sugar). This makes a really refreshing, flavorful salad that I simply love and that my friends request at barbeques!"
- 1Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, and cook until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain, and rinse under cold water to cool.
- 2Place the carrots in an even layer in the bottom of a large glass bowl, preferably one that is roughly the same diameter from top to bottom. Place the lettuce in a layer over the carrots. Combine the cucumber, peas and corn; spread in a layer over the lettuce. Once the pasta is cooled and drained, then spread that out over the top.
- 3In a smaller bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, brown sugar, curry powder, and garlic salt. Spread this carefully over the pasta. Top with shredded Cheddar cheese. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- 2 cups small seashell pasta
- 4 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1/2 head leaf lettuce - rinsed, dried, and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 3/4 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
March 09, 2017