"This is a nice family recipe that's easy to remember and tastes delicious! They're very simple, but you can vary flavorings, or add an icing to your own liking. They taste best warm with coffee or tea."
Method for Spiced Farmhouse Fairy Cakes
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lay out about 18 cupcake (muffin) papers on a baking sheet or place them in a muffin pan.
- 2In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and margarine until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time using an electric mixer, or the whole thing may be mixed in a blender. Add cinnamon and ginger to the batter and mix well. Stir in the flour until well blended. Spoon a generous tablespoon of the batter into each paper, and level it out.
- 3Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until the tops spring back when lightly pressed. Dust with confectioners' sugar and cardamom when cooled.
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch ginger
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 pinch cardamom (optional)
January 27, 2017