"This is the most basic cookie recipe there is. Real butter and brown sugar give it an irresistible flavor."
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- 2Cream butter and brown sugar. Add 3 to 3 3/4 cups flour. Mix well.
- 3Sprinkle board with the remaining flour. Knead for 5 minutes, adding enough flour to make a soft dough. Roll to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut into 3x1 inch strips. Prick with fork and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- 4Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes.
- 2 cups butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
April 05, 2017