"This is a variation of the traditional shortbread recipe to make it gluten-free."
Method for Scottish Shortbread, Gluten-Free
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2Place almond flour, brown rice flour, sorghum flour, sugar, cinnamon, allspice, cardamom, ginger, and salt together in a large resealable bag; seal and shake well to combine.
- 3Mix butter and flour mixture together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until well combined.
- 4Roll dough into walnut-size balls and place 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets; flatten balls slightly.
- 5Bake in the preheated oven until edges are golden brown, about 27 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
December 15, 2016