"My father in law is from Scotland and this is a favorite family dish."
- 1Place the potatoes into a saucepan and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then simmer over medium heat until tender enough to pierce with a fork, about 10 minutes. Drain and mash potatoes, then set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, combine the cabbage and carrot in another saucepan and add just enough water to barely cover the bottom of the pan. Cook over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain off liquid and stir into the mashed potatoes along with the onion, mustard and Cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Shape the mixture into 4 patties. Heat a greased grill pan over medium-high heat. Place the patties on the pan and grill until heated through and golden brown, about 5 minutes on each side. Serve right away.
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
March 09, 2017