"Simple but wonderful!"
Method for Scotch Shortbread II
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- 2Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the sifted dry ingredients and mix to combine. Chill until dough is easy to handle, about 10 minutes.
- 3On a lightly floured surface roll dough out to 1/4 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- 4Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup super fine sugar
December 08, 2016