"This recipe uses rice flour."
Method for Scotch Shortbread I
- 1Sift dry ingredients over unsalted, softened butter. Cut in butter until completely incorporated.
- 2Knead dough on floured surface until soft, about 2 minutes. Roll dough into 2 cylinders and cover with plastic wrap. Chill one hour.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- 4Knead dough to soften a bit then roll 1/4 inch thick and cut with a cookie cutter. Bake for 5 minutes on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup white rice flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
November 28, 2016