"Here is an old family recipe for this hearty egg and sausage dish. This dish is high in fat so it's best if eaten only as a special treat"
- 1Place eggs in saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs sit in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water and cool; peel.
- 2In a large deep skillet heat about 1 inch of vegetable oil until hot.
- 3Place whole boiled eggs on top of sausage patty. Roll to form ball around the egg. Dip in beaten egg wash, then seasoned breadcrumbs. Deep fry in hot vegetable oil until meat is fully cooked. Drain and serve hot.
- 6 eggs
- 1 pound pork sausage, formed into 6 patties
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
January 27, 2017