"Taste it up with chunky applesauce, maple syrup or cranberry sauce."
Method for Savory Sausage Toad-in-the-Hole
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2In a bowl, stir together flour, savory and salt. Whisk milk with eggs; gradually whisk into flour mixture until smooth. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, prick sausages with a fork; place in greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Bake in preheated oven, turning sausages once, for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons fat.
- 4Remove from oven; increase temperature to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Whisk batter; pour over sausages. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve immediately.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 6 eggs
- 2 pounds pork sausage links
January 27, 2017