I live to serve some cute, non-sweet foods on Christmas day and these little Santa crackers were a big hit last year.
Serve them rather soon after making, so the crackers don't get too soggy.
This is one of the best dishes on the Christmas table. Not only is it delicious, it is also very thematic and fits the theme of the day. This dish will be the best part of the New Year, especially for cheese lovers.
Method for Santa Finger Food for Christmas
- 1Combine feta cheese, cream cheese, and milk in a bowl and stir to combine. Press through a fine-mesh sieve, so cheese mixture is very fine. Spoon cheese mixture into a piping back with a round tip.
- 2Pipe a semi-circle of cheese mixture over the top third of each cracker. Cut red peppers into triangles and place into the semi-circle for Santa's hat. Pipe 2 small dots for the eyes and 1 for the nose. Place 1 peppercorn into each 'eye dot' for the pupils and 1 caper into the 'nose dot'. Pipe a beard on the bottom of the cracker and place 2 celery slices, curved side facing down, on top of the beard.
- ½ (4 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- ½ (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk, or more as needed
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- ½ (8 ounce) package buttery round crackers
- 32 green peppercorns in brine, drained
- 16 capers
- 1 rib celery, thinly sliced