"My mother's version of the classic - perfect for canapes at a cocktail party, and children love them! Fast, easy and absolutely delicious."
Method for Rarebit Savories
- 1Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- 2Place the bacon, Cheddar cheese, onion, mayonnaise, and mustard into the bowl of a food processor; process until well blended. Scoop into a container, cover, and refrigerate several hours to overnight to allow the flavors to blend.
- 3Adjust oven rack to the topmost position, and set oven to Broil.
- 4Spread the bread rounds evenly with cheese mixture and place onto a cookie sheet. Toast under the broiler until browned and puffed, 5 to 8 minutes. Serve immediately.
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/2 pound aged Cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 60 slices sandwich bread, cut into rounds
January 17, 2017