"A delightful hearty corned beef stew; complex flavors from the corned beef spice packet and addition of vinegar. It makes a wonderful leftover."
Method for Raleys Irish Corned Beef Stew
- 1Place flour into a large bowl; toss corned beef cubes in flour to coat.
- 2Heat olive oil in a large heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium heat and brown corned beef cubes on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- 3Sprinkle the spice packet from the corned beef over the meat; mix in potatoes, parsnips, carrots, onion, water, stout beer, beef broth, and any unused flour; stir to combine. Bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat to low and simmer until corned beef is very tender and the stew has thickened, 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- 5Mix cabbage into the stew and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in vinegar.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (3 pound) corned beef brisket (with spice packet), excess fat trimmed and meat cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups peeled and cubed parsnips
- 2 cups peeled and cubed carrots
- 1 extra large onion, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle Irish stout beer
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 head cabbage, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
January 27, 2017