"Coming from an Irish and Scottish background, these scones are the perfect side with any breakfast meal as well as a family favorite! Enjoy. Add onion, pepper, or any other spices for flavor. Serve with butter."
Method for Potato Scones
- 1Heat a lightly greased griddle or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Mash potatoes with flour, butter, and salt until a stiff dough forms.
- 3Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead dough lightly and roll dough out to about 1/2-inch thick. Cut into six triangular wedges.
- 4Working in batches, cook scones, turning once on hot griddle until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- 1 pound cooked potatoes
- 4 ounces self-rising flour
- 2 ounces butter
- 1/2 pinch salt
November 30, 2016