"Another way to enjoy your deep-fried fish. I think it is traditionally Scottish. Try it for a change. Serve warm with chips and lemon or salad."
Method for Oat Crusted Fish
- 1Warm oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2In a bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Coat cod fillets with flour; shake off excess. Dip cod in egg mixture; allow excess to drip off. Coat cod with oats.
- 3Place fish one at a time in hot oil; fry about 2 1/2 minutes, then turn over, and fry about 2 1/2 minutes more. Remove to paper towels. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 (6 ounce) fillets cod
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour for coating
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- salt and pepper to taste
March 20, 2017