"These are pretty easy and don't take many ingredients! They taste really good too!"
Method for Natalie's Amazing Irish Mashed Potatoes
- 1Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain.
- 2Mash potatoes with a potato masher or an electric mixer on Low in a bowl until smooth.
- 3Heat butter and half-and-half in a small saucepan over medium heat until butter is melted and half-and-half is warmed, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 4Mash or beat butter mixture, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder into mashed potatoes until potatoes are light and fluffy. Stir additional half-and-half, 1 tablespoon at a time, into potatoes for creamier consistency.
- 3 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream, or more if needed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
December 08, 2016