"My son Xander's favorite meal. Fried ring bologna, potatoes, and onions simmered in spaghetti sauce. Irish dish, made for American taste buds. You may also use tomato sauce and spice it as you like it. Good with buttered bread or dinner rolls."
Method for Moogie's Cashoop Stew
- 1Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Cook and stir ring bologna slices and onion in melted butter until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 3Stir potato chunks into the bologna mixture.
- 4Pour the spaghetti sauce into the saucepan; stir. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (16 ounce) package ring bologna, sliced
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 (14 ounce) jars meatless spaghetti sauce
December 20, 2016