"My brother taught me this recipe, and I love it so I decided to share this wonderful recipe with you."
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2Sift together the flour, 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, and cinnamon. Use a pastry cutter or two forks to mix in the butter until mixture resembles fine bread crumbs. Stir in the orange zest. Sprinkle with ice water, and gather dough into a ball. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thick. Cut out approximately 18 (3 inch) diameter circles, and 18 (2 inch) circles, rerolling dough as needed.
- 3Line muffin cups or tart tins using the 3 inch pastry circles. Fill each pastry cup with about 1 tablespoon of mincemeat filling. Top with 2 inch pastry circles, pinching circles together to seal the edges. Brush the top of each pie with egg.
- 4Bake pies in preheated oven until tops are golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool slightly on wire racks. Dust with 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar just before serving.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 3/4 cup prepared mincemeat pie filling
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar for dusting
February 04, 2017