"This Irish stew serves 4 to 6. It is our family recipe and I am sharing it with you because it's the best I've ever had. Make some soda bread with it, and have a cold Guinness. Slainte!"
Method for McIntire's Lamb Stew
- 1Place lamb shoulder, carrots, potatoes, onion, garlic, beef stock, seasoned salt, pepper, paprika, thyme, and Irish whiskey in a slow cooker. Cook on Low for 6 to 7 hours. Add peas about 15 minutes before serving.
- 1 pound boneless lamb shoulder, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 pinch seasoned salt (such as LAWRY'S®), or to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch paprika, or to taste
- 1 pinch dried thyme, or to taste
- 1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger Irish whiskey (such as Jameson®)
- 1 cup frozen peas
November 28, 2016