"A quick, easier, healthier, and sweeter alternative to mashed potatoes. I first ate these at an Irish restaurant in Singapore and fell in love!"
- 1Heat the olive oil in a skillet, and cook and stir the frozen peas, mint leaves, and green onions until the peas are hot and tender but still bright green, 7 to 10 minutes. Pour the peas into a bowl, and mash until the peas are thoroughly crushed but still slightly chunky. Stir in the butter, brown sugar, and salt and pepper, and mix until the sugar has dissolved. Serve warm or cold.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
January 27, 2017