"I found this delicious simple recipe about a year ago....it's very addicting and excellent with Corned Beef and Cabbage. Cut the bread into wedges and serve warm with butter."
Method for Macomb's Irish Soda Bread
- 1Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- 2In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, caraway seeds, baking powder, salt, and baking soda until the mixture is well combined. In another bowl, whisk the eggs with the sour cream. Gently stir the sour cream mixture into the flour mixture until the dough just comes together; mix in raisins. Spoon the dough into the prepared springform pan.
- 3Bake until the bread has risen and the top is golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of the bread should come out clean. Cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes before attempting to loosen the sides of the pan for removal. Cut into wedges and serve warm.
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 3/4 cup raisins
February 04, 2017