"Chicken with lavender, bacon and cheese. Everyone appreciates lavender for its scent and flowers, but very few people have tasted it. Its unique flavour blends very well with chicken."
Method for Lavender Chicken
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2Place three sprigs of lavender on top of each chicken breast half. Wrap two slices of bacon around each piece of chicken keeping the lavender inside. Place chicken into a shallow baking dish. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- 3Position the baking dish on the top shelf in the preheated oven, and bake chicken for 20 minutes, turning once. Turn again so the lavender is on top, and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Continue baking 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted and chicken juices run clear.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 12 sprigs fresh lavender
- 8 slices bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
November 30, 2016