"After working in a few different Irish pubs during college, I got a great feel for this soup. I have played around with this recipe for years; I like this version the best. Enjoy!"
- 1Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir leeks in the melted butter until softened, about 15 minutes.
- 2Stir in chicken stock and potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- 3Pour about half of the soup into a blender, filling the pitcher no more than halfway full. Hold down the lid of the blender with a folded kitchen towel, and carefully start the blender, using a few quick pulses to get the soup moving before leaving it on to puree. Pour the pureed soup back into the pot.
- 4Stir in heavy cream and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- 1/4 tablespoon salted butter
- 6 leeks, trimmed and chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
March 09, 2017