"I begged this recipe from my co-worker when he 'accidentally' mentioned he had a great soda bread recipe. It was perfect timing, because St. Patrick's Day was only days away!"
Healthy and vitamin-rich food is necessary for each organism. Jim's Cheddar Onion Soda Bread is one of those dishes, it contains many, many essential substances that are necessary for human health. They contribute to the creation of energy and the regular work of the organism.
Method for Jim's Cheddar Onion Soda Bread
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, whisk together bread flour, salt, and baking powder until thoroughly combined. Beat in the butter, buttermilk, and confectioners' sugar to make a dough; gently mix in the onion and Cheddar cheese. Divide dough in half, and shape each half into a ball. Place the loaves onto the prepared baking sheet, and gently flatten to about 2 inches thick. Dust each loaf with flour.
- 3Bake on a preheated oven until browned, about 30 minutes. Cool on racks for a few minutes; serve warm.
- 4 cups bread flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
March 29, 2017