"A great Sunday brunch item for the adult palate. Serve with Irish Coffee for the full effect. Your taste buds will want to dance the Irish jig!"
Method for Irish Toast
- 1Cut the bread into 12 slices. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, Irish whiskey, Irish cream liqueur, and vanilla extract until well blended.
- 2Heat some of the butter in a skillet over medium heat until the butter is hot and the foam has disappeared. Press each bread slice into the egg mixture, then fry in the hot skillet until nicely browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Add more butter to skillet as needed. Brush each slice with butter, and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf French bread
- 4 large eggs
- 1 fluid ounce Irish whiskey
- 1 1/2 fluid ounces Irish cream liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter
- confectioners' sugar for dusting
November 28, 2016