"Great addition to corned beef and cabbage on St. Patrick's Day."
Method for Irish Soda Bread II
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Beat eggs with buttermilk. Add the eggs and buttermilk into the flour mixture; stir in raisins.
- 3Pour dough onto lightly floured board. Shape into a round loaf, adding flour if necessary. Place in a lightly greased springform pan. Sprinkle top with caraway seeds if desired.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour or until the bottom of the loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
March 09, 2017