"All the flavors of Irish Soda Bread in a quick and easy cookie!"
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. With a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in currants.
- 3Mix in beaten egg. Pour in milk and mix with a fork to make a soft dough (may need a little more milk).
- 4On a floured surface, shape dough into a ball and knead lightly 5 or 6 times. Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick and cut into squares and triangles with a knife (approximately 2 inches in diameter).
- 5Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until slightly browned.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
March 22, 2017