"My mother has served this potage since I can remember and everybody raves about it! The only thing is that you may have blistered hands after cutting the fresh pumpkin, so you may want to have some gloves available. Have fun!"
Method for Irish Pumpkin Potage
- 1Halve the pumpkin and scrape out the seeds and pith. Cut into 1 inch pieces.
- 2In a large skillet, saute the pumpkin, leeks, onion and garlic in olive oil. Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- 3Strain vegetables, place in food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer puree to pot or crock pot; add enough milk to reach smooth consistency.
- 4Add the cayenne pepper, paprika, ground pepper and nutmeg; simmer for 30 minutes and do not allow to boil.
- 3 pounds peeled, seeded and diced sugar pumpkin
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 4 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
December 15, 2016