"A cute little confection that looks just like little potatoes. This kind does not contain potatoes; they are made using cream cheese and coconut."
Irish dessert "Potato" presents soft candies based on nougat with a white chocolate flavor adding roasted walnuts. Sweet balls, which look like potatoes, are rolled in a mixture of cocoa and cinnamon and decorated with pine nuts in the form of "eyes". The recipe contains homemade nougat and pastry mastic. You can cook it yourself with the help of our recipe, or buy it ready-made in a candy-store.
Method for Irish Potato Candy
- 1In a medium bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add the vanilla and confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth. Using your hands if necessary, mix in the coconut. Roll into balls or potato shapes, and roll in the cinnamon. Place onto a cookie sheet and chill to set. If desired, roll potatoes in cinnamon again for darker color.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon