"A new twist for mashed potatoes. I usually add a dash of onion and garlic powder. I also do a taste test prior to baking to see if they need more salt. Potatoes are combined with cream cheese, sour cream, chives, butter, and paprika...Delicious!!"
Method for Irish Potato and Chive Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2Place potatoes in a large pot of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- 3Combine hot potatoes, cream cheese, sour cream, butter, and salt together in a large bowl. Mash until creamy.
- 4Spoon potato mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with chives and paprika.
- 5Bake in preheated oven until bubbling, about 30 minutes.
- 8 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 pinch paprika, or more to taste