"This is a delicious, authentic Irish cabbage side dish."
- 1Preheat your oven's broiler.
- 2Place cabbage into a large pot. Add water and bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat until tender, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain and set aside. Drain cabbage, and drizzle with melted butter. Sprinkle with bacon and nutmeg. Transfer to a baking dish.
- 3Place under your oven's broiler until the top layer is lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Serve with salt, pepper and vinegar as desired.
- 2 slices Irish bacon, diced
- 1 medium head cabbage, cored and cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
February 24, 2017