"This is an authentic Irish recipe. I got it from a dear Irish friend. It is not for the faint of heart.... but it is divine."
Method for Irish Dairy Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- 2Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan (such as a Bundt(R)).
- 3Cream butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until thoroughly combined.
- 4Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating each egg until fully incorporated before adding the next one.
- 5Mix in cream cheese and vanilla extract.
- 6Mix in flour, about 1/2 cup at a time, until batter is smooth and velvety. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 7Bake cake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups white sugar
- 6 eggs at room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
January 27, 2017