"This is our family's very favorite comfort food."
Celebrate St. Paddy’s Day year-round with this hearty, creamy, Irish-style chicken and dumpling soup. Jam-packed with tender chicken, mouth-watering dumplings and, of course, buttery potatoes, this filling meal is good to the last spoonful.
Method for Irish Chicken and Dumplings
- 1In large, heavy pot, combine soup, water, chicken, celery, onion, salt, poultry seasoning, and pepper. Cover and cook over low heat about 1 1/2 hours.
- 2Add potatoes and carrots; cover and cook another 30 minutes.
- 3Remove chicken from pot, shred it, and return to pot. Add peas and cook only 5 minutes longer.
- 4Add dumplings. To make dumplings: Mix baking mix and milk until a soft dough forms. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto BOILING stew. Simmer covered for 10 minutes, then uncover and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 onions, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 5 carrots, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas
- 4 potatoes, quartered
- 3 cups baking mix
- 1 1/3 cups milk
April 05, 2017