"You could face anything after this hearty breakfast of eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes fried with bacon and butter. Slices of Irish soda bread are grilled in the skillet and served on the side."
Method for Irish Breakfast
- 1Lay the bacon slices in a single layer in a large skillet. Fry over medium heat until it begins to get tinged with brown. Fry on both sides. Remove from pan, but save grease.
- 2Melt butter in skillet. Crack eggs into pan, being careful not to break yolks. Place tomato slices, mushrooms, and bread in pan. Fry gently, stirring mushrooms and tomatoes occasionally. Keep everything separate. Turn bread over to brown on both sides.
- 3When egg whites are set, but yolks are still runny, dish half of everything onto each of 2 warmed plates, and serve immediately.
- 6 thick slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 eggs
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups whole mushrooms
- 4 slices prepared soda bread
February 04, 2017