"St. Paddy's Day done right: Meat, potatoes, and Ireland's best beer. I tossed some parsley on it at the end b/c I happened to have some. Not necessary."
Method for Irish Beef Stew with Guinness® Beer
- 1Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the beef, beer, sliced potatoes, and quartered potatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the beef is tender, about 2 hours. Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cubed
- 3 cups stout beer (such as Guinness®)
- 2 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
February 24, 2017