"Wonderful with a hot cup of coffee or tea. Just a touch of spice and the lemon is a nice touch to set off the applesauce. Hope you enjoy. Top with whipped cream or lemon sauce."
Method for Irish Apple Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2Grease a 9x9-inch baking pan.
- 3Mix flour, sugar, and salt together in a bowl.
- 4Beat in egg yolks, butter, and lemon zest until dough is thoroughly mixed.
- 5Mix applesauce, cinnamon, and cloves together in a small bowl.
- 6Press half the dough into the prepared baking pan; spread applesauce mixture over dough in a layer. Top with remaining dough.
- 7Bake in the preheated oven until cake is browned, 40 to 45 minutes.
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 lemon, zest grated
- 1 3/4 cups applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
January 27, 2017