"Sweet and chewy oatmeal base covered in a layer of chocolate and nuts. Irresistible."
Method for Highland Toffee
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Generously grease an 8 or 9 inch square pan.
- 2In a large bowl, stir together vegetable oil and oats. Mix in brown sugar, corn syrup, salt, and vanilla. Press mixture into prepared pan.
- 3Bake for 12 minutes in preheated oven. Set aside to cool.
- 4Cut into 4 large squares to remove from pan. Cover with melted chocolate, and sprinkle with nuts, if desired. Allow the chocolate to cool, and then cut each square into 9 pieces.
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
February 24, 2017