"This hot sandwich is very quick, very good, and very simple."
Method for Ham Pan Sandwiches
- 1In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, Worcestershire sauce, and hot pepper sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Pour mixture into a wide, shallow dish.
- 2Layer 2 slices bread with equal amounts of the sliced ham and cheese; top with remaining bread slices to make sandwiches, and press down to secure filling. Dip sandwiches into egg mixture, and turn to coat both sides.
- 3Heat the oil in a griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Cook sandwiches 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cheese has melted. Serve hot.
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco™)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices sandwich bread
- 6 slices cooked ham
- 3 ounces Cheddar cheese, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
February 04, 2017