"I discovered this tasty St. Patrick's day treat when I attended an Irish Rovers Concert. My family and friend insist that it is a staple at get togethers any time of the year. Roast this Corned Beef slowly at a low setting for a melt in your mouth delight. The aroma is fantastic!"
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Rinse the beef completely and pat dry.
- 2Place the brisket on rack in a roasting pan or Dutch oven. Rub the brown sugar on the corned beef to coat entire beef, including the bottom. Pour the bottle of stout beer around, and gently over the beef to wet the sugar.
- 3Cover, and place in preheated oven. Bake for 2 1/2 hours. Allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- 4 pounds corned beef brisket
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle Irish stout beer (e.g. Guinness®)
April 05, 2017