"A delicious way to prepare zucchini."
Method for Gratin de Courgettes au Parmesan (Zucchini and Parmesan Gratin)
- 1Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; saute onion, carrots, and parsley until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Add zucchini and saute until zucchini is tender, about 15 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Butter a baking dish. Heat a kettle or pot of water to boiling.
- 3Beat eggs, cream, and Parmesan cheese together in a bowl; stir in zucchini mixture. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- 4Place a clean kitchen towel in the bottom of a roasting pan. Arrange the baking dish on top of the towel and pour boiling water halfway up the sides of the baking dish, creating a water bath.
- 5Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling and set, about 45 minutes.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound zucchini, sliced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
December 15, 2016