"An easy and delicious recipe for honey snaps using golden syrup, a liquid sweetener known in England and prized for its toasty flavor."
Method for Golden Honey Snaps
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Combine the butter, honey and golden syrup in a saucepan. Cook mixture over medium heat, stirring frequently, until butter is melted and ingredients are blended. Stir in the baking soda, and remove from the heat.
- 3Measure the flour and sugar into a mixing bowl and stir to blend. Pour the butter mixture into the bowl with the flour, and stir until evenly blended. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- 4Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
December 20, 2016